Monday, May 10, 2010

Current location: Hudson, WI
Current weather: 51 light rain
Miles traveled today: 456
Total miles traveled: 5,114.4

Well, its official, we have broken the 5,000 mile mark today! It doesn't really feel like we have spent almost 80 hours in that truck, but we have. Today was a very pleasant drive. Wisconsin has always been my favorite place to travel to. I might be thinking otherwise tomorrow because we are expecting a high of only 41 degrees tomorrow with a rain snow mix tonight. Yes, I used the S word in mid May. I have my winter jacket, gloves, and hat with me, so I won't be caught off guard. I remember coming here last September and the weather was about what it will be tomorrow and I thought my fingers were going to fall off. Needless to say i was way under dressed for that occasion, hopefully I can avoid that tomorrow!

Since this is my Ninth trip up here, I pretty much have seen all the sights around the area. My favorite place that I've visited while I've been up here is the St. Paul Cathedral. This church is very large, as it should be, they have around 800,000 members at this church alone. When you are driving into St. Paul this church is one of the first things you see, because it sits atop a large hill and over looks the city. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. Lacey and I even attended mass here once last October when Purdue played Minnesota. Even though we lost the game, it was still a great experience to attend mass here. I highly recommend to anyone that is ever in the twin cities area to check this place out! Tomorrow we will be taking down our site in Wisconsin and pulling the trailer home.
Next up.....DeForest, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment