Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dust in the wind

Current location: Ames, IA
Current weather: Cloudy 48
Miles traveled today: 95
Total miles traveled: 2,246



Hello all! I did it again, I thought today would be an easy day and it becomes a hard day. We made it back to our site around 9am and started working on the base of the towers. Usually they are pretty easy to take off, but when the cement was laid down it also got on the base of the towers making it almost impossible to break free. It took almost 2 hours for each base. We finished and we decided since we had a little free time for once to check out Iowa State's campus. It seemed very compact and pedestrian friendly. I took a picture of their football stadium....reminds me of IU's....puke. They also had some really weird/random statues and art things all over campus.
My focus then shifted to the severe weather that was brewing to our south. I felt pretty good about our chances when the sun came out and we began to warm up, but then the clouds came back and the north winds kicked up. The warm front seemed to be dancing right over us and eventually the cool air took over and won. In Ames the temperature was 51 degrees and about 30 miles to the south in Des Moines it was 84 degrees. I'm sorry if anyone was looking for cool pictures of severe weather....i have none :(
I leave you today with a little video from the top of our towers, enjoy!!

Next up....West Lafayette, IN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment